There are many CBCT viewers available to you. One of our fundamental goals is to ensure that you know how to make the most out of our images. So we run regular sessions on software for you to learn more.
On Tuesday 27th April, our Application Specialist Anna Zebrowska will be discussing “CBCT Software for Beginners” with a particular focus on the Horos application. This course will be completely online and will be hands on.
Anna is an application specialist who helps our referrers with technical issues. She believes that good knowledge of software is a fundamental part of a good diagnosis. In addition to helping referrers out, she designs anatomical models. Anna holds MSc in biomedical engineering from the University of Science and Technology in Wroclaw.
This lecture is aimed at anyone who is actively involved in viewing CBCT scans, those who want to refresh their knowledge or would like to learn more about this CBCT technology. Please note that Horos is a Mac application and will not run on Windows.
The aim of this session is to have you, by the end of it, fully confident and trained on the Horos viewer.
- Understand how to manipulate images by rotating and adjusting orthogonal planes
- Select and alter the optimum grey scale on CBCT images
- Analyse a CBCT Image by learning different viewing strategies
- Demonstrate simple measurement techniques
- Use Multi-Planar Reformatting to draw a panoramic curve and provide slice by slice views.
- Understand surface rendering and thresholding.